Friday, January 8, 2010



Holidays are over and school is back in session. My body is still on the mend but things are looking good. Less coughing and less pills. We've had some amazing weather the past week. Cool wind and cloudy skies. A welcome change here on the island.We had a nice Christmas that was marred by a few trips to the Doctor for some of us. We didn't do some of our usual Christmas stuff like baking or gingerbread house making but we did some cool things.
On Christmas eve we went to look at all the Christmas lights. There are a few houses here that do a huge set up on their lawns. You can go and walk around and check them out. It was cool. We had a great Christmas day where the kids swam in the pool at Gramma and Dude's house and we ate a yummie turkey dinner.
Ryan loves his Kindle ( a little too much ) and I will love my camera if it ever gets here. It's been 4 weeks since it was mailed from Canada. I really hope it gets here eventually. I'm dying to use it.























I am determined to make the rest of this school year a great one. I have been finding myself so tired from working a full time job and still trying to do all the things I enjoy doing and need to do. I don't have time to sew or paint or really take my time baking or cooking. We continue to struggle to find the time to relax and enjoy each other. Not sure
how long we want to live like this. Both working full time and trying to raise these awesome kids. It's just not our number one choice for a way to live and make money.
Here are some pictures of our last few weeks.








1 comment:

erinnirish said...

i know how you feel! well, except that we are freezing and stuck inside all the time. i am now working 4 days/week (at work) and 7 days a week at home while kris still travels and is in the middle of recording 2 cd's. it is exhausting. this is the grind but it sounds like you are trying to make the most of it. remember that you are still adjusting to your new schedule, your new home, your new environment....that can take a year.
just take lots of pictures when you get your new camera and in 5 years, you'll only remember the good stuff. :)