Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday seems to be the day


Checking out the crazy sudden rain storm.

Friday is my favorite day of the week here in Cayman. It marks the end of an always busy work week, school ends at 1:00pm, we always have a good family time and I catch up with my blogging and facebook pages.
Windy!

This was a bit of a different week for me. Monday and Tuesday were in-service days so the kids (lucky monkeys) got to spend two whole days with Gramma and Dude (sleep over included) and Ryan and I had meetings at the school. I actually took a First Aid and CPR course with the Red Cross. It was good to take the class. I did learn a few things. Now at least if anything happens I am much more equipped to handle it. It's so funny to me how the sight of bloody pictures makes me dizzy. I was not always like this. Hopefully if needed I can keep it together long enough to bandage someone up before I throw up and pass out.

Silver taking a rain shower.

Trinity and I have been sick since Wednesday. Did we stay home from work and school? No. I just didn't want to miss anything and get more behind on the projects I need to have done for the Pre School classroom. I hate being behind.

The kids start playing actual soccer games against other schools next weekend. Trinity has decided to stay on the team. I actually gave her an incentive to keep going. She (and Silver) get money added to their allowance for every practice and game they go to. I just didn't want to see her quit. Although I am NOT looking forward to early morning games on Saturdays.

I'm tired and still sick so this isn't every interesting. On a fun note I am going to start taking violin lessons soon! Excited!
Did I mention we have a Gerbil? This was Trinity's birthday present. She misses Jane to much and she really just wanted a pet. So meet our newest family member Love.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Hey Alexandra, I LOVE that you are blogging. Thanks and keep it up. You've always been so inspiring. Also love that you're taking up the violin.